cassieoutdabox asked: Once you get this, you have to say 5 nice things about yourself and send to ten of your favorite followers! If you want. Idk. NO PRESSURE
5 NICE things about myself? Whoa. This is a challenge. It’s no secret that I’m definitely hard on myself. I’ll give it a go.
1. I am a writer. This is a kind thing to say about myself because until recently, I never really considered it a possibility. Yet, I am realizing that I am published. I am a writer…Duh. People, somehow, actually like my work and want to have it in print.
2. I am a supportive wife. I know that I’ve always supported Hubz, despite losing my patience from time to time, in whatever endeavors he’s tried. The last 5 years haven’t been perfect, but I’ve done my best to be his “home,” his soft place to land.
3. I make a killer Thanksgiving dinner. Ever since we got married, I’ve made and hosted Thanksgiving at my house. When Hubz was in the military, we took in Army “orphans” that didn’t want to eat in the chow hall or friends that were displaced and couldn’t go home to their families. My turkey has never been dry and I always send tons of leftovers home with everyone. I’m pretty proud of that.
4. I remember things about people. I remember people’s birthdays or their favorite color and their kids’ names, what car they drive or how they take their coffee. I think it’s a holdover from when I was working sales, but people really appreciate you pay attention to stuff like that. I always point out when someone has a cute new haircut or if the top they’re wearing brings out their eyes. My husband is really awkward about complimenting people, but I don’t hold back. I like to think that the more positive stuff I say (and mean) about people, the more that I’ve brightened their day.
5. I’m a good mom. I mean, we all have our own problems and guilt and issues, but at the end of the day, I know BabyD is a happy and healthy guy. He’s very confident physically. He literally ran down the slide at Gymboree today. He’s independent too. He asked to be picked up the other day and Hubz said, “That’s weird. He’s never done that before.” and it made me realize that BabyD has actually never asked to be picked up. He always just has crawled or ran to wherever he wanted to go. I know that I’m a good mom and part of that is that I’m always doubting myself. :)
Spiders take shelter
In the drips of my coffee
They mate in hot cream
And soak caffeine onto hairs
Spindly legs and fat bodies
I submitted some work for publication a couple days ago. I whole heatedly expected rejections to come in but I woke this morning and two of my poems were picked up! I’ll post links to the mag when they go live but yay!
I’m not worrying about limiting tv lately because it’s been raining like crazy and there’s Christmas movies on. I’m a sucker for Christmas movies and BabyD loves the music.
Rabbit teeth and bird bones
Wrapped in scraps of grandmother’s quilt
Teeth spat into the sink
And digging up worms with a knife
The black eyes of night
Search for me rightfully
I just hide in the light